The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation protects the state's water resources and promotes the sustainable and efficient use of water.
We do this by issuing water licences and water permits in accordance with the Rights in Water and Irrigation Act 1914 and the Rights in Water and Irrigation Regulations 2000.
You can use our Water Online customer portal to:
- manage your water licences
- view key information about your licence
- apply for a new water licence or permit
- amend or renew an existing water licence
- apply for a water trade, transfer or agreement
- view the status of applications
- submit your water meter readings or abstraction reads
- submit your monitoring reports
- provide us with details of your new water meter
- submit planning advice requests.
For more information go to our Water licensing webpage.