How to apply for a country age pension fuel card

Find out how eligible pensioners can receive up to $575 a year towards the cost of fuel or taxi travel.

To apply you need to be living in an eligible regional area and receiving one of the following:

  • a Centrelink age pension
  • carer payment
  • disability support pension
  • wife pension
  • widow B pension
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs service pension
  • social security age pension
  • income support supplement.

Application forms are available from participating regional Australia Post offices. Make sure your name and address on the form match your Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs record.

Forms need to be submitted by May 12 each year. It should take up to four weeks to process your application.

A list of areas not included in the fuel card scheme is on the application form.

Page reviewed 23 September 2020