Apply for a recreational skipper's ticket

Find out about how to get a recreational skipper's ticket, fees and the assessment.
Last updated:

The Recreational Skipper's Ticket is a nationally-recognised certificate of competency which shows that the holder has the minimum knowledge and practical skills needed to operate a powerboat safely.

It is the minimum qualification needed to operate a powerboat in Western Australia.

The Department of Transport website provides details on:

  • who has to have an RST
  • exemptions and skills recognition
  • how to get an RST
  • useful resources including RST workbook and practice online quizzes