Apply for a swing mooring

Find out about mooring your boat in mooring control area in WA.
Last updated:

The Department of Transport manages swing moorings in mooring control areas across WA, including:

  • Swan and Canning River (Metro)
  • Rockingham (Mangles Bay)
  • Albany (Oyster Harbour)
  • Peel Region (Dawesville)
  • Carnarvon Fascine

There are different types of mooring licence categories: recreational, commercial general and commercial resource.

To apply for a swing mooring, you need to:

  • Complete and submit a Mooring Site Licence Application form
  • Pay the scheduled application fee.

Due to high demand in some mooring control areas, you may need to join a waitlist until a mooring becomes available.