Register a new vessel

Find out about registering a new recreational boat or personal watercraft with the Department of Transport.
Last updated:

You must register any recreational vessel that is or can be propelled by mechanical power, including sailing vessels, to use it in Western Australian waters. 

All recreational vessels in navigable waters, including those on moorings, in pens or berthed at jetties must be registered, regardless of how often they are used.

It is an offence to use or have a vessel in any navigable waters without a current registration.