Buyers and sellers have the option of using a recreational boat transfer form. They should fill in the relevant sections and submit them at a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent or post them to:
Department of Transport
GPO Box C102
Perth WA 6839
The buyer must pay a transfer fee and submit their section within 15 days. The seller has seven days to submit their part.
To make an online transfer through DOTDirect you need:
- a WA driver’s licence number
- the date of sale
- boat’s registration number
- the hull identification number.
Online transfers cannot be done if the boat is:
- owned by a company
- jointly owned
- part of a court order
- part of a deceased estate
- without a hull identification number.