The use of a shared content strategy and standards across government assists agencies to develop online content in a consistent manner. This helps a wide range of people in better understanding government information the first time they read or hear it.
The objective of the standard is to:
- Ensure that content is created using a consistent approach so that a person has the same experience regardless of which agency provides the digital service.
- Standardise the most important terms to avoid confusing people with a number of different terms.
- Make information more discoverable and easier to search online.
- Strengthen the 'brand' of government by presenting a consistent tone of voice across all content types.
- Provide a single point of reference for content authors.