The WAPC, has reviewed the State’s water planning policy framework and released Draft State Planning Policy 2.9 Planning for Water (SPP 2.9) and Planning for Water Guidelines for public comment.
Draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines will help streamline and simplify the current planning framework to deliver greater clarity around how water-related provisions are implemented.
Once gazetted, it is intended that SPP 2.9 and Guidelines will replace water-related policies including State Planning Policy 2.1 Peel-Harvey coastal plain catchment.
To view Draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines and have your say on its content, please visit our online consultation hub.
The objectives of this policy are to:
- improve the social, economic, ecological, aesthetic, and recreational potential of the Peel-Harvey coastal plain catchment
- ensure that changes to land use within the catchment to the Peel-Harvey estuarine system are controlled so as to avoid and minimise environmental damage
- balance environmental protection with the economic viability of the primary sector
- increase high water-using vegetation cover within the Peel-Harvey coastal plain catchment
- reflect the environmental objectives in the draft Environmental Protection Policy (Peel-Harvey Estuarine System) 1992
- prevent land uses likely to result in excessive nutrient export into the drainage system.
State planning policiesShow more
- 2.0 - Environment and natural resources policy - Jun 2003
- 2.4 - Planning for Basic Raw Materials - Jul 2021
- 2.5 - Rural planning - Dec 2016
- 2.6 - State coastal planning - Jul 2013
- 2.9 - Water resources - Dec 2006
- 3.0 - Urban growth and settlement - Mar 2006
- 3.4 - Natural hazards and disasters - Apr 2006
- 3.7 - Planning in bushfire prone areas - Dec 2015
- Government Sewerage Policy - Sep 2019
Development control and operational policiesShow more
- 1.1 - Subdivision of land - general principles - Feb 2020
- 1.2 - Development control - general principles - Aug 2004
- 1.8 - Canal estates and artificial waterway developments - May 2012
- 2.2 - Residential subdivision - Oct 2017
- 2.3 - Public open space in residential areas - May 2002
- 3.4 - Subdivision of rural land - Dec 2016
- 4.1 - Industrial subdivision - Jul 1988
- 4.2 - Planning for hazards and safety - Jun 1991
Fact sheets, guidelines and manualsShow more
- F - Section 126 - Zoning amended by regional planning schemes - Feb 2020
- G - State coastal planning policy guidelines - Jul 2013
- G - Rural planning guidelines - Dec 2016
- G - Better urban water management - Oct 2008
- G - Acid sulfate soils planning guidelines - Apr 2009
- G - Planning in bushfire prone areas - Dec 2015
- M - Visual landscape planning in Western Australia - Apr 2008