Opened in 1963, Jandakot Airport is the principal general aviation airport in Western Australia, and is one of the busiest airfields and largest aviation training bases in Australia. It is an important element of transport infrastructure, servicing both the region and the State as a whole and makes a significant contribution to the economy of the local area.
It is important however to recognise the physical context in which the airport is situated, and to minimise as far as practicable, adverse impacts on adjacent development such as aircraft noise, which is the focus of this Policy. The objectives of this policy are to:
- protect Jandakot Airport from encroachment by incompatible land use and development, so as to provide for its ongoing, safe, and efficient operation
- minimize the impact of airport operations on existing and future communities with particular reference to aircraft noise.
SPP 5.3 is predicated on the Australian Noise Exposure Forecast (ANEF), which was prepared by Jandakot Airport Holdings in consultation with Airservices Australia. The ANEF is referenced in this policy, which ensures all future revisions of the ANEF are incorporated into the policy automatically and concurrently.
A copy of the endorsed ANEF can be found on the Jandakot Airport website
The department will inform the public of any future reviews of the ANEF via this web page.
To make an aircraft noise complaint please contact Airservices Australian via the Air Services Australia website
State planning policiesShow more
- 2.3 - Jandakot Groundwater Protection - Jun 2017
- 2.5 - Rural planning - Dec 2016
- 3.0 - Urban growth and settlement - Mar 2006
- 4.1 - State industrial interface - May 1997
- 5.2 - Telecommunications infrastructure - Sep 2015
Development control and operational policiesShow more
- 1.1 - Subdivision of land - general principles - Feb 2020
- 1.2 - Development control - general principles - Aug 2004
- 1.3 - Strata titles - Jun 2009
- 1.6 - Planning to support transit use and development - Jan 2006
- 1.9 - Amendment to region schemes - Jan 2017
- 2.2 - Residential subdivision - Oct 2017
- 4.1 - Industrial subdivision - Jul 1988
Fact sheets, guidelines and manualsShow more
- F - Notification on titles - Feb 2020
- G - Structure plan framework - Oct 2015
- G - Transport impact assessment guidelines - Aug 2016
- M - Local Planning manual - Mar 2010