The Sunset Heritage Precinct Management Plan enables transformation works at “A” Class Reserve 1667 (“Sunset Reserve”) to be regarded as “permitted development” in accordance with Clause 16 (3) (e) of the Metropolitan Region Scheme Text, and thereby commenced or carried out without the written approval of the Western Australian Planning Commission in accordance with Clause 16 (1a) of the Scheme.
The transformation works to be undertaken at the Sunset Reserve broadly include:
- demolition of intrusive elements and structures
- excavation required to upgrade service infrastructure
- landscaping to open areas including provision for lighting, new paving, community equipment, modified fencing and car parking
- future conservation works to heritage buildings
- allowing adaptive reuse of the heritage buildings to complement the vision for the Sunset Heritage Precinct.
The Sunset Heritage Precinct Management Plan was endorsed by the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) on 25 November 2014.