Website Metadata Tagging Standard
Using standardised metadata tags across Western Australian Government websites will ensure:
- relevant information is discoverable when searching government websites
- the information presented on search result pages are relevant and meaningful
- website content metadata is consistently defined, understood and applied.
The objectives of the standard are to:
- Improve discovery and access to government information and services, regardless of which agency provides the information, in order to help people without knowledge of government structures find what they need.
- Standardise how website content is tagged and referenced across Western Australian Government agency websites, so that it is understandable to both the community and global search engines.
This standard is part of the Digital Services Policy Framework that underpins the Digital Services Policy.
Digital Services Policy Framework
The Digital Services Policy Framework (DSPF) which provides guidance for agencies in the delivery of digital services, including websites. Guidance materials will be added to the DSPF as we progress with the whole of government digital services portal, referred to as ServiceWA (Digital).
These documents form part of the Digital Services Policy Framework.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity
- Digital Services Content
- Domain Name
- Website Style
- Website Visual Design and Functional
- Accessibility and Inclusivity Guidelines
- Digital Services Content Guidelines, Writing Guide and Checklist
- Digital Services Design Principles
- Western Australian Government Domain Name Guidelines
- Social Media Guidelines
- Website Guidelines
- Website Metadata Tagging Guidelines
- Website Visual Design and Functional Standard and Website Style Standard Fact Sheet