Website Metadata Tagging Standard
Establishes a consistent approach to tagging Western Australian Government website content, in order to make it easy to find and access.
Using standardised metadata tags across Western Australian Government websites will ensure:
- relevant information is discoverable when searching government websites
- the information presented on search result pages are relevant and meaningful
- website content metadata is consistently defined, understood and applied.
The objectives of the standard are to:
- Improve discovery and access to government information and services, regardless of which agency provides the information, in order to help people without knowledge of government structures find what they need.
- Standardise how website content is tagged and referenced across Western Australian Government agency websites, so that it is understandable to both the community and global search engines.
14 June 2018