The Education and Care Regulatory Unit:
- assesses applications for provider approvals, service approvals
- assesses education and care services against the National Quality Standard
- supports and promotes continuous quality improvements in education and care services
- investigates incidents and complaints
- monitors and enforces compliance.
It also seeks to protect children from harm; stop unlawful conduct; ensure compliance with the law; and raise awareness of legislative requirement by publishing enforcement actions and using other compliance tools. The Education and Care Regulatory Unit ensures that all services are informed of their compliance roles and responsibilities, while providing them with appropriate support.