Report a catastrophic injury

Report a catastrophic injury caused by a motor vehicle crash to the Insurance Commission of Western Australia.
Last updated:

The Western Australian Government expanded motor injury insurance to include lifetime care and support for people catastrophically injured in motor vehicle accidents in Western Australia. This reflects community recognition that people catastrophically injured in crashes should be provided care for the rest of their lives. Changes to the motor injury insurance now ensures that all people catastrophically injured in motor vehicle crashes in Western Australia will be covered for the treatment, care and support they need over the course of their lives.

A motor vehicle crash must be reported using the Online Crash reporting form soon after the crash.

You can also notify the Insurance Commission of a catastrophic injury (traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputations, permanent blindness, or severe burns).

Notification can be made using the online form or by contacting the Insurance Commission on 61 8 9264 3333.

Electronic copies of supporting documents can be provided using the online form.