Motor injury insurance

Motor injury insurance is compulsory for all Western Australian drivers and is included with your vehicle licence.
Last updated:

The Insurance Commission of Western Australia runs the Motor Injury Insurance Scheme which is defined under the Motor Vehicle (Third Party Insurance) Act 1943 and the Motor Vehicle (Catastrophic Injuries) Act 2016.

Further information is provided about:

  • what to do when involved in a crash
  • help with existing claims
  • why it is compulsory
  • catastrophic injury support