Report Illicit drugs offences

In Western Australia, it is illegal to possess, use, manufacture, cultivate or supply an illicit drug.
Last updated:

Penalties vary depending on the offence:

  • possession offences: a maximum $2000 fine and/or 2 years in prison
  • supply offences: a maximum $100,000 fine and/or 25 years in prison.

Contact police on 131 444, in person at your local police station, or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 to report any drug activity.

Any person convicted of a drug offence will receive a criminal record which can lead to difficulties getting a job, credit or visas for overseas travel.

Police can also issue a Cannabis Intervention Requirement (CIR) or a Drug Diversion Notice when small quantities of a drug are detected.

Diversion support programs

The Mental Health Commission provides a range of alcohol and other drug and mental health diversion programs.

These programs provide support opportunities for people apprehended by police, appearing in courts, or who have an alcohol interlock condition on their driver’s licence.