Apply for a driver’s licence refund

You can apply for a refund if you voluntarily give up your licence, your concession type changes, someone dies, you cancel your driving test or there is a payment error.
Last updated:

Refunds of driver’s licence fees may be granted:

  • when you give up your driver’s licence before the expiry date. Refunds are not given when someone from another state or territory has obtained a WA licence through the no fee conversion initiative.
  • if someone has died and the next of kin or executor of the will makes an application.
  • when your type of concession has changed. The refund can be backdated to the date it changed.
  • when a payment error has been made. You need to provide the original receipt showing the incorrect payment. If it has been lost or destroyed, complete section four of the refund form and describe what happened.
  • if you cancel your practical driving test with at least two working days’ notice.

To apply for a refund, take the completed form and original receipt to a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent or post it to: 

Driver and Vehicle Services
GPO Box R1290
Perth WA 6844