To change your personal name, fill in the form and provide originals of any documents relating to your name change such as:
- divorce papers
- a marriage certificate
- change of name certificate
- birth certificate showing the old and new name.
If you are changing a business name, you need to provide a certificate of registration on change of name.
When changing gender, you need to provide one of the following:
- A statement from a registered medical practitioner or psychologist certifying you have been their client.
- An amended birth certificate or valid passport with your preferred gender.
- A recognition certificate showing the Gender Reassignment Board has accepted your change in sex.
In all cases, you need to attend a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent with the completed form and supporting documents including proof of identity.
There is no cost to change your details but a fee applies if you request a replacement driver’s licence, vehicle licence or photo card.