Change your personal details

How to change your personal name, gender or business name with the Department of Transport.

To change your personal name, fill in the form and provide originals of any documents relating to your name change such as:

  • divorce papers
  • a marriage certificate
  • change of name certificate
  • birth certificate showing the old and new name.

If you are changing a business name, you need to provide a certificate of registration on change of name.

When changing gender, you need to provide one of the following:

  • A statement from a registered medical practitioner or psychologist certifying you have been their client.
  • An amended birth certificate or valid passport with your preferred gender.
  • A recognition certificate showing the Gender Reassignment Board has accepted your change in sex.

In all cases, you need to attend a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent with the completed form and supporting documents including proof of identity.

There is no cost to change your details but a fee applies if you request a replacement driver’s licence, vehicle licence or photo card.

Page reviewed 20 January 2021