State Planning Policy 1 State Planning Framework Policy (SPP 1) brings together existing State and regional policies, strategies, plans and guidelines within a central State Planning Framework. It sets the context for decision-making on land use and development in Western Australia.
SPP 1 provides a comprehensive list of all WA Planning Commission (WAPC) policies and outlines how they relate to each other to guide integrated decision-making across all levels of planning. It does not introduce new policies.
SPP 1 was first gazetted on 22 December 1998. The current version (Variation 3) was gazetted in November 2017.
State Planning Policies
2. Environment and natural resources
- 2.0 - Environment and natural resources policy - Jun 2003
- 2.1 - Peel-Harvey coastal plain catchment - Feb 1992
- 2.2 - Gnangara Groundwater Protection - Aug 2005
- 2.3 - Jandakot Groundwater Protection - Jun 2017
- 2.4 - Planning for Basic Raw Materials - Jul 2021
- 2.5 - Rural planning - Dec 2016
- 2.6 - State coastal planning - Jul 2013
- 2.7 - Public drinking water source - Jun 2003
- 2.8 - Bushland Policy for the Perth Metropolitan Region - Jun 2010
- 2.9 - Water resources - Dec 2006
- 2.10 - Swan-Canning river system - Dec 2006
3. Urban growth and settlement
5. Transport and infrastructure
- 5.1 - Land use planning in the vicinity of Perth Airport - Jul 2015
- 5.2 - Telecommunications infrastructure - Sep 2015
- 5.3 - Land use planning in the vicinity of Jandakot Airport - Jan 2017
- 5.4 - Road and rail noise - Sep 2019