The four key objectives of the policy are:
- Provide state agencies, local government, community and proponents with clear guidance regarding acceptable and sustainable development on the Ningaloo coast.
- Maintain the Ningaloo coast as an all-seasons recreation and nature-based tourism destination and limit growth with managed staged development, to ensure that the community continues to enjoy a remote and natural experience.
- Preserve and protect the natural environment and enhance and rehabilitate degraded areas within the environment.
- Consolidate future residential, commercial, higher-impact tourism and industrial development in the towns of Carnarvon and Exmouth and provide strategic directions for their future growth.
State planning policiesShow more
- 2.0 - Environment and natural resources policy - Jun 2003
- 2.4 - Planning for Basic Raw Materials - Jul 2021
- 2.5 - Rural planning - Dec 2016
- 2.6 - State coastal planning - Jul 2013
- 3.0 - Urban growth and settlement - Mar 2006
- 3.4 - Natural hazards and disasters - Apr 2006
- 3.7 - Planning in bushfire prone areas - Dec 2015
Development control and operational policiesShow more
Fact sheets, guidelines and manualsShow more
- G - Structure plan framework - Oct 2015
- G - Rural planning guidelines - Dec 2016
- G - Planning in bushfire prone areas - Dec 2015
- G - State coastal planning policy guidelines - Jul 2013
- G - Tourism planning guidelines - May 2014
- G - Holiday home guidelines - short stay use of residential dwellings - Sep 2009
- M - Coastal planning and management manual - Feb 2005
- M - Visual landscape planning in Western Australia - Apr 2008
- M - Local Planning manual - Mar 2010