Resources for contractors on Department of Finance contracts
Contractors are procured by the Department of Finance to build and maintain the government’s non-residential buildings.
Here are some of the main resources used by contractors in the delivery of government's non-residential building program.
Project bank accounts
- Project Bank Account Information Pack for AS 2124 contracts
- Project Bank Account Guideline for Contractors
Liquidated damages are a genuine pre-estimate of loss that would be experienced should a contract be delivered late. Liquidated damages are calculated by the Department and consultant team (including the cost planner) prior to tender:
They include (but may not be limited to):
- costs to the client for temporary accommodation and other services
- additional consultant and administration fees required due to the delay
- opportunity cost of the government not being able to benefit from the project