The North-West Aboriginal Housing Fund (the Fund) invests in projects that empower Aboriginal people and communities by increasing opportunities for:
- suitable and stable housing options for Aboriginal people outside of the public housing system
- employment and training
- educational attainment
- economic development and capacity building for Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations and businesses.
The Fund was built on a foundation of innovation and genuine dialogue, with a focus on investing in projects that are Aboriginal led or designed with Aboriginal people in the Pilbara and Kimberley to meet their own needs and aspirations.
Working with local Aboriginal organisations, service providers and other partners has allowed effective co-design and co-development opportunities, empowering the local community, addressing systemic barriers and encouraging two-way capacity building.
The Fund is expected to achieve:
- increased school attendance for Aboriginal children
- increased participation in jobs and training
- apprenticeships for young people
- eventual home ownership for some families
- significant services and construction contracts for Aboriginal organisations.
The Fund is a State Government initiative proudly supported by Royalties for Regions and the Australian Government.
Join our mailing list to receive updates about the North-West Aboriginal Housing Fund.