Restraining orders

A restraining order makes it against the law for that person to come near you or your property.
Last updated:

Applications for restraining orders can be made at any Magistrates Court.

If the respondent is a juvenile, an application for a restraining order can be made at the Children's Court.

If the person seeking to be protected is a child and the respondent is not a child, the application can be made at either the Magistrates Court or the Children’s Court.

If an urgent order is required and it is not possible to make an application to the court (for example, it is outside of court hours or you are in a remote location), WA Police can issue 72 hour police orders. Contact WA Police on 131 444 or 000 for emergencies.