Apply for a copy of your Police Crash Incident

You can obtain an abridged report containing information collected by WA Police Force while attending a traffic crash.
Last updated:

The report is only available for crashes that are investigated by WA Police and can be used by an individual or their insurer to assist with the recovery of loss.

Complete the record of crash incident form

Alternatively, you can print and complete a hard copy form (select the form that best relates to your circumstance):

  1. Individual use (PDF, 189KB)
  2. Authorised representative (PDF, 197KB)
  3. Personal representative (PDF, (617KB)

The report will not explicitly state who was at fault for the crash. In most situations this is determined by intermediaries, such as insurance assessors or civil claims magistrates.

Information contained in the report may include the:

  • crash location, date and time
  • name and address of drivers involved and (if identified by WA Police)
  • registration and description of involved vehicles (if identified by WA Police)
  • result of investigation, including offender’s names and offence(s) committed.

Details of juvenile offenders and spent convictions cannot be released.

If the investigation hasn’t been completed when the initial application is submitted, a follow up report will be provided to you once the investigation is completed at no cost.

Additional information may be available through a freedom of information form, including edited copies of crash investigation documents and statements.

Application requirements




  • Driver
  • Vehicle owner
  • Property owner
  • Injured party
  1. Completed application form.
  2. A copy of photo identification (driver’s licence, passport).
  3. Payment
Authorised representative
  • Insurer
  • Legal Practitioner
  • Loss Assessor
  • Investigator
  • Employee/Employer
  1. Completed application form or written application on company letterhead.
  2. Letter of consent signed by individual authorising the release of information to the representative.
  3. Payment.

N.B. Authorised representatives acting on behalf of a party (e.g. insurer), who in turn is representing an individual, must provide signed consent from the individual. 

Personal representative
  • Parent / guardian (where individual involved party is incapable of applying or under 15 years old)
  • Administrator
  • Executor
  • Power of attorney
  1. Completed application form or written application.
  2. Documentary proof of representation (e.g. court order).
  3. A copy of photo identification of representative (driver’s licence, passport).
  4. Payment