Leadership and governance are needed to give effect to digital reform in the WA public sector. While we will set direction and expectations, delivering change will need to be collaborative, with decision-making bodies and clear accountabilities that incorporate key people across the sector.
Arrangements have been put in place to ensure ICT is considered with a whole of government perspective and greater collaboration between agencies occurs.
The focus is on leveraging from existing infrastructures and services, achieving efficiencies and delivering savings to Government, while improving services to citizens and stakeholders.
The Directors General ICT Council provides:
- central leadership and direction
- input into both short and long-term reform initiatives
- oversight of digital transformation reinvestment.
The Council comprises of Directors General from the following government agencies:
An independent chair is being sought for the Directors General ICT Council meetings.
- View the latest DG ICT Council communiqué and meeting agenda.
- View all DG ICT Council communiqués in our publications section.
The Business and Technology Advisory Committee (formerly the Business Impact Group and the Chief Information Officer Advisory Committee) supports the Directors General ICT Council and the Office of Digital Government in delivering on the Western Australian Government vision for digital reform.
The Business and Technology Advisory Committee (BATAC):
- provides advice on the business and technical merits of whole of government digital reform initiatives, and matters of common concern and interest.
- leads public sector collaboration to implement key initiatives and optimise the use of Government’s information assets by facilitating networking, knowledge sharing and information exchange across the sector.
Membership of BATAC is comprised of two streams of representatives that consider the merits of digital transformation initiatives from both a business and technical perspective.
The business stream is comprised of representatives from the following agencies:
The technical stream is comprised of representatives from the following agencies:
- Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
- Government Employees Superannuation Board (GESB)
- Metropolitan Cemeteries Board
- Premier and Cabinet
BATAC reports to the DG Council on ICT infrastructure reform matters and progress.
Marion Burchell, the Acting Government Chief Information Officer currently chairs the BATAC meetings.
- View all (former) Business Impact Group and CIO Advisory Committee communiqués in our publications section.
- View all (former) Business Impact Group communiqués in our publications section.
- View all (former) Chief Information Officers Advisory Committee communiqués in our publications section.
- View all (former) Chief Information Officers Council communiqués in our publications section.
The GovNext-ICT Program Governance Board provides leadership and direction to the GovNext-ICT Program to maximise the whole of government benefits of this ICT infrastructure reform initiative.
The Board provides oversight of the coordination of an integrated plan for GovNext-ICT implementation by the whole of government.
The Board will be responsible for:
- leading and driving, including the decision making authority for, the GovNext-ICT program
- provide direction on the coordination of an integrated plan for GovNext-ICT implementation by whole of government
- ensuring the timely transition of agencies into GovNext-ICT, and monitoring the realisation of benefits across the whole of government
- providing quarterly reporting to the Directors General ICT Council, including clear articulation of risks and milestones
- championing the adoption of GovNext-ICT across the whole of government, and ensuring support to agencies in the adoption of the GovNext-ICT infrastructure and service offering framework
- providing direction and advice to the government on ICT infrastructure reform elements that support government’s strategic objectives.
The Board comprises of senior executives of the following agencies:
David Etherton, Chief Executive Officer of VenuesWest is the Independent Chair for the Board.