Applications for 2024-25 are now closed.
A great program for students
The School Based Traineeship Program provides students entering Year 11 a fantastic opportunity to gain on the job experience and build workplace skills while earning a part time salary.
Over 18 months trainees:
- get paid a fortnightly part time salary
- undertake work (Thursdays and Fridays) in a government agency that counts towards their Western Australian Certificate of Education
- complete a nationally recognised Certificate II in Government
- are provided with ongoing support from a workplace supervisor to develop valuable workplace skills for future employment.
To apply for 2024 students must:
- start Year 11 in 2024
- be a permanent resident or Australian or New Zealand citizen.
If you’re not a permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand citizen will need to provide a copy of an Australian visa that supports the traineeship contract requirements.
See information for students for more.
A great program for agencies too
Tap into new ideas and fresh talent by employing and supporting a school based trainee. Employing young people helps your agency and the sector make progress towards employment targets for young people.
See information for agencies for more.