The WAPC, has reviewed the State’s water planning policy framework and released Draft State Planning Policy 2.9 Planning for Water (SPP 2.9) and Planning for Water Guidelines for public comment.
Draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines will help streamline and simplify the current planning framework to deliver greater clarity around how water-related provisions are implemented.
Once gazetted, it is intended that SPP 2.9 and Guidelines will replace water-related policies including State Planning Policy 2.7 Public drinking water source.
To view Draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines and have your say on its content, please visit our online consultation hub.
The policy will protect and manage public drinking water source areas from incompatible land uses and pollution in order to maintain the quality of the drinking water.
Land uses that are detrimental to the quality and quantity of the water supply will not be permitted unless it can be demonstrated that such impact can be managed.
The policy will ensure that priority is given to the protection of the highest quality drinking water through provisions in the Metropolitan Region Scheme and local government town planning schemes.
State planning policiesShow more
- 2.0 - Environment and natural resources policy - Jun 2003
- 2.1 - Peel-Harvey coastal plain catchment - Feb 1992
- 2.2 - Gnangara Groundwater Protection - Aug 2005
- 2.3 - Jandakot Groundwater Protection - Jun 2017
- 2.4 - Planning for Basic Raw Materials - Jul 2021
- 2.5 - Rural planning - Dec 2016
- 2.8 - Bushland Policy for the Perth Metropolitan Region - Jun 2010
- 2.9 - Water resources - Dec 2006
- 2.10 - Swan-Canning river system - Dec 2006
- 3.0 - Urban growth and settlement - Mar 2006
- Government Sewerage Policy - Sep 2019
Development control and operational policiesShow more
- 1.1 - Subdivision of land - general principles - Feb 2020
- 1.2 - Development control - general principles - Aug 2004
- 1.7 - General road planning - Jun 1998
- 2.2 - Residential subdivision - Oct 2017
- 2.3 - Public open space in residential areas - May 2002
- 3.4 - Subdivision of rural land - Dec 2016
- 4.1 - Industrial subdivision - Jul 1988
Fact sheets, guidelines and manualsShow more
- F - Bush forever - Feb 2020
- G - Better urban water management - Oct 2008
- G - Rural planning guidelines - Dec 2016
- G - Structure plan framework - Oct 2015
- G - Planning in bushfire prone areas - Dec 2015
- G - Acid sulfate soils planning guidelines - Apr 2009
- M - Local Planning manual - Mar 2010
- M - Basic raw materials applicant's manual - Jul 2021