The Parent Support service works with hard to reach parents of school aged children up to 18 years who are involved in:
- antisocial behaviour
- criminal activity
- truancy (only if in combination with one or both of the above behaviours).
What will Parent Support do?
A Parent Support Worker will work with parents in the home for up to six months to help them regain control of their child’s behaviour.
This may include:
- working with parents to improve their relationship with their child
- supporting parents to increase their parenting skills and confidence
- providing ideas of new ways for parents to communicate with their child
- helping parents to learn new discipline techniques
- working with the child (if appropriate) to ensure that they behave appropriately and attend school regularly.