Changing your name

How you can legally change your name and your options after you get married.  

If you are using, or wish to use, a name other than your registered name, there is no legal requirement that you formally change your name.

It is, however, recommended that you change your name officially, both for identification and as evidence of your name change.

Page reviewed 25 October 2018