Apply for a spent conviction

If an application to have a conviction declared spent is successful, it limits the disclosure of that conviction.

Convictions which have been spent are not listed on a National Police Certificate.

The WA National Police Certificate also includes an application to spend eligible convictions.

If you are applying for a National Police Certificate there is no need to complete this form separately.

If you haven’t received a response regarding your spent convictions application you can email us on

For more information, see our Spent Convictions frequently asked questions page.

There is no fee applicable.

Page reviewed 03 August 2018