Only current licences to take water are displayed on the register and the nature of the instrument is displayed as groundwater licences and surface water licences.
Water Register information changes daily, and is for general purposes only.
You can search for either:
- a property to see if there is a current licence associated with it
- a licence number to determine if it is valid
- a licensee to see if they hold a water licence.
The search can also be used to:
- identify the water resources on a property (for determining water availability for new licences)
- identify all the current water licences in a resource (to identify trading opportunities).
If you are unable to find the information you need, you can ask us to produce an extract from the register for you. Data requests incur a processing fee set at $25 for the first page of data and $1 for each additional page.
To request an extract, complete and submit the online form below. We will advise you of the applicable processing fee once we have assessed your request.
If you have difficulty accessing the register or require further information, email email@example.com.
Check water availability and licences online from the Water Register