The department is committed to improving the implementation and effectiveness of its programs and strategies.
Public consultations help us understand the views of stakeholders, communities and interested parties and inform a transparent and accountable decision-making process.
National Environmental Management Plan on PFAS (closes 20 December 2022)
Discussion paper - Environmental Regulation Reform: A strategic review of regulatory delivery and fees for industry regulation (closes 13 December 2022, 5pm).
Implementation of WA's Plan for Plastics Stage 2 (closes 18 November 2022, 5pm)
- Draft Procedure for environmental offsets metric inputs
- Draft guideline: Spring exemptions
- Draft Gnangara groundwater allocation plan
- Aligning domestic garden bore sprinkler roster with the scheme water roster
- Draft Guideline: Dust emissions
- Consultation draft: Native vegetation policy for WA
- Cost Recovery for Part IV Environmental Protection Act, 1986
- Draft Guideline: Assessment of environmental noise emissions
- Publication and Confidentiality Regulations
- Bilateral Agreements Regulations
- Managing water in the Fitzroy River Catchment
- Guideline: Native vegetation referrals
- Waste not, want not: Valuing waste as a resource
- Review of the Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Act 2007
- Draft Guideline: Better Practice Composting
- Waste reform consultation
- Managing amplified music noise in entertainment precincts
- Native vegetation consultation
- Port Hedland Dust Program
- Environmental Protection Act 1986 amendments consultation
- Climate change issues consultation
- Approaches to reduce single-use plastic items
- Draft of Version 2 of the PFAS National Environmental Management Plan
- Mandatory use of weighbridges to calculate leviable waste
- Recreation within public drinking water source areas on Crown land - policy implementation 2012 - 2017 Discussion paper for draft updated policy
- Planning for entertainment noise in the Northbridge area
- Discussion paper on cost recovery for Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
- Discussion paper - Review of the Environmental Protection (Controlled Waste) Regulations 2004
- Consultation summary report - review of the Environmental Protection (Controlled Waste) Regulations 2004
- Draft Guideline: Air emissions
Making a submission
All feedback provided from public consultations is treated as a public document and may be published on our website and included in reports and other publications.
If you do not consent to your submission being treated as a public document, you should mark it as confidential, specifically identify those parts which you feel need to be kept private, and include an explanation.
We reserve the right to delete any racially vilifying, derogatory, or defamatory content (to an individual or an organisation).
Please take careful note of the deadline for comment, as no late submissions will be accepted.
Assistance for customers with special needs
To ensure that customers who want to provide feedback are not disadvantaged as a result of language barriers, interpreters can be organised on behalf of customers to assist and documents can be translated into an appropriate language upon request.
People with disability have the same opportunities as other people to participate in any public consultation by DWER. DWER encourages participation by people with disability and we will ensure your communications needs are met. We will provide at least one months' notice of meetings, and a minimum of two months for community consultation periods, in line with our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan.
If you need help as a result of a hearing or speech impairment the National Relay Service can assist by telephoning 13 36 77 (free call).
Publications are available online, or for those with special needs they can be made available in alternative formats such as audio, large print, or Braille.