Buy a temporary movement permit

If you have an unlicensed vehicle that needs to be moved you must apply for a temporary movement permit.
Last updated:

A temporary movement permit is a motor injury insurance policy that allows you to move an unlicensed vehicle so it can be repaired or inspected before licensing.

You need to provide:

  • your WA driver’s licence number
  • the vehicle’s make, body type and licence plate number, if still attached
  • the engine number and chassis number
  • details of your journey including where you are leaving from, the streets you will travel along and your destination
  • date and time your journey will start
  • credit card details.

The permit is valid for 48 hours and available by calling 13 11 56, visiting a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent or applying online.