A temporary movement permit is a motor injury insurance policy that allows you to move an unlicensed vehicle so it can be repaired or inspected before licensing.
You need to provide:
- your WA driver’s licence number
- the vehicle’s make, body type and licence plate number, if still attached
- the engine number and chassis number
- details of your journey including where you are leaving from, the streets you will travel along and your destination
- date and time your journey will start
- credit card details.
The permit is valid for 48 hours and available by calling 13 11 56, visiting a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent or applying online.