Training Accreditation Council
What we do
The TAC is responsible for the quality assurance and recognition of VET services in WA.
The Council can:
- register training providers
- accredit courses
- inquire into training providers and courses
- vary, suspend or cancel registration or accreditation
- cancel qualifications.
The Council registers training organisations under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and accredits courses under the AQTF 2021 Standards for Accredited Courses.
Our Guiding Principles
The Council's guiding principles communicate the way in which it undertakes its business. The Council:
- is open, accountable and transparent,
- is clear on its role as a regulatory body,
- embeds an outcomes focus,
- is fair and equitable,
- maintains a culture of continuous improvement,
- communicates clearly and concisely, and
- supports the sector through education and guidance.
To support Council in the performance of its regulatory functions the Council has developed a strategic plan. The TAC Strategic Plan 2020-2023 outlines Council’s key priorities and responsibilities and helps position Council to meet State Government goals. The strategic plan is prepared on a three year basis and is reviewed annually, with progress in achieving the key priorities reported in Council’s annual report to Parliament.